An event that was being held at De’ Palma Hotel, Ampang, Selangor on 9th December 2017 to discuss on Shariah issues regarding to the Islamic finance industry and also to build a closer relationship between our SACs and SMEs in facing future challenges in the industry.
The meeting was held starting with an opening speech by our very own Chairman of the Board who is also our SME for Takaful, Tn. Hj. Mohamed Arif bin Abdul Rashid followed with presentations from various speakers as follows:
- Shariah Audit from the perspective of Shariah Advisory by YBhg. Dato’ Hj. Mohd. Mokhtar bin Shafii, a 26-years-experienced expert in the Islamic finance industry and also one of our Shariah Advisory Committees.
- Shariah Audit from the Perspective of Accountant by Tn. Hj. Abu Yaziz bin Brahim, an experienced practitioner in both conventional and Islamic banking who is also one of our SMEs for Enterprise Risk Management and Shariah Audit.
- Shariah Risk Management by En. Abdul Hadi Jusoh, a manager for Shariah Risk Management in Ambank Islamic.
- Issues in Halal Industry by Dr. Zainal bin Samicho, one of our SMEs for Halal Industry who was also an Associate Professor for Applied Sciences Faculty in UiTM Shah Alam, Selangor.
- Strategic Vision for Afsha Shariah Advisory Sdn. Bhd. by En. Ameer Ali bin Vali Mohamed, who was once one of our Directors and SMEs for Islamic Capital Market.